CTS 2023 ANNUAL EDUCATIONAL CONFERENCE: Rescheduled for MARCH 16-19, 2023. see details below
1/19/23 @ 4:00pm PST
Portola Hotel & Spa
The CTS has secured a limited number of rooms at the Portola Hotel. For check-in on Thursday, March 16, 2023 and check-out on Sunday, March 19, 2023, the room rate is $235 per night plus taxes. Room rate expires Friday, March 3, 2022.
New Hotel booking link is available and active: https://book.passkey.com/go/CTS032023Conf
Or attendees can call (866) 711-1734 the hotel if they prefer:
Mention that you are attending the California Thoracic Society Conference to get the group rate.
1/18/23 @ 2:00pm PST
Thank you for your patience on receiving the details to request a refund if you are unable to attend our rescheduled Annual Education Conference for March 16-19, 2023 at the Portola Hotel.
For those of you unable to attend our rescheduled conference, please follow the instructions below to request a refund for your conference registration ticket.
1) Send email to:
2) Add Subject Line:
January 2023 CTS Conference Refund
3) Must Include:
4) We will process refund requests within 24 hours during the weekdays
5) That's it, we will miss you and hope to see you in 2024!
1/13/23 @ 6:30pm PST
We are pleased to inform you that CTS has rescheduled our Annual Education Conference for March 16-19, 2023 at the Portola Hotel to replace the January 12-15 conference that was cancelled yesterday.
Important news and details:
1/12/23 @ 6pm PST
Portola Hotel room block reservations: All reservations that were part of CTS 2023 Conference room block have been automatically cancelled. Need more info, call the hotel at (866) 711-1734.
1/12/23 @ 12:30pm PST
After careful consideration and numerous conversations with local authorities, we have decided to postpone and reschedule the annual CTS conference.
Our priority is to keep our attendees, members and faculty safe. We have been in touch with the hotel, Monterey County and the sheriff's office to obtain up-to-the-minute updates. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and last-minute communications. The situation with the weather in Northern California has truly been unprecedented. Our decision to cancel the conference also took into consideration the importance of our attendees being able to return home safely, and to their incredibly important work in healthcare next week in the setting of ongoing rain this coming weekend.
More information will be forthcoming next week regarding the rescheduled conference date (tentatively planned for mid-March).
The Portola Hotel will cancel your reservations if you booked via our room block and have not yet arrived. If you have checked-in already, they will refund your stay if you choose to depart immediately. Call the hotel at (866) 711-1734. We sincerely thank you for your understanding and support.
1/12/23 @ 11am PST
We are still waiting on the latest update from the County of Monterey and Sheriff's office. Although there are reports that the river is slowing, there is a chance we will not get an official update until close to 2pm PST.
At this time, if you are able to delay your departure to the Portola Hotel please do so. We will continue to stay in touch with local authorities in Monterey and continue to monitor and send updates every hour or two until then.
1/12/23 @ 9am PST
We are all awakening to the news of some possible flooding around Highway 1 that could now effect travel to and from the Portola Hotel. We have been on the phone with the Portola Hotel Team for the last hour discussing up to the minute announcements while awaiting news from the City of Monterey, Country of Monterey and the Sheriff. They will have a full update in the upcoming hours, please be as patient as you can and we will send another update the moment we know more.
1/10/23 @ 4pm PST
Per our local weather authorities, the City of Monterey, the San Jose and San Francisco airports and the Portola Hotel, we are happy to announce that our CTS Conference is still on!
Although the SF Bay Area has received significant rainfall the past 10 days and there will be some more rain tomorrow, Monterey has not received nearly as much rainfall as nearby communities such as Santa Cruz and Watsonville. There has not been any flooding or road closures anywhere near the Hotel. There has not been any power outages and there has always been at least two alternate driving routes to the Hotel during the temporary Highway Closure (Highway 101) in Gilroy on Monday evening and this morning.
Most importantly, the weather forecast for Thursday is all clear in the Bay Area so there should be no issue with traveling on this day. We are looking forward to an amazing weekend of learning, networking, and enjoying yummy food and drink together at the Portola Hotel & Spa.
If anything changes, we will alert you as soon as possible, so please keep an eye on all emails from CTS the next few days.