EVENT DATE & TIME
Date(s) - 09/21/18 - 09/22/18
7:00 am - 5:15 pm
HILTON IRVINE/ORANGE COUNTY AIRPORT
ADVANCING MULTIDISCIPLINARY CARE IN COPD, ILD, PULMONARY HYPERTENSION AND ASTHMA
JOINTLY PROVIDED BY:
THE CALIFORNIA THORACIC SOCIETY
THE AMERICAN THORACIC SOCIETY IN COOPERATION WITH
CALIFORNIA SOCIETY FOR RESPIRATORY CARE
A COMPREHENSIVE TWO DAY PROGRAM FOR PULMONOLOGISTS, CRITICAL CARE PHYSICIANS, INTERNAL MEDICINE PHYSICIANS, IN-TRAINING FELLOWS AND RESIDENTS, NPs, PAs, RNs, RTs, PharmDs AND OTHER HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS IN THE FIELD OF PULMONARY MEDICINE. HILTON IRVINE/ORANGE COUNTY AIRPORT, IRVINE, CA
EARN 14.25 CME CREDITS / 14.25 CEU CREDITS
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the American Thoracic Society (ATS) and California Thoracic Society (CTS). The ATS is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The ATS designates this live activity for a maximum of 14.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The California Thoracic Society is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #CEP599 for 14.25 contact hours.
The course meets the requirements for CE for RCPs in California.
This conference brings together regional and national experts to discuss the latest advances in respiratory medicine. The diagnosis and management of COPD and interstitial lung diseases (ILD) are two of the most complex tasks faced by physicians, advanced practice and allied health professionals. Friday’s program focuses on the multidisciplinary approach to these diseases with an emphasis on the importance of accurate diagnosis, effective treatment and on-going clinical management to improve outcomes.
Day Two of the program educates practicing physicians regarding accurate ways of identifying patients with pulmonary hypertension and asthma and presenting various new treatments.
The program is designed for all health care professionals involved with the care and treatment of patients with COPD, Interstitial Lung Disease, Pulmonary Hypertension and Asthma. This includes pulmonologists, critical care physicians, internal medicine physicians, in-training fellows and residents, NPs, PAs, RNs, RTs, and PharmDs and other health care professionals in the field of pulmonary medicine.
- Apply an evidence-based approach to diagnosis and treatment of COPD.
- Use effective strategies for prescribing and monitoring medication, oxygen and pulmonary rehabilitation in COPD and IPF.
- Apply updated strategies for management of ventilation in OSA/COPD overlap and chronic respiratory failure.
- Use key methods to favorably impact clinical outcomes and readmission in COPD.
- Apply current standards for chest CT interpretation in IPF.
- Identify two rare pulmonary diseases and effective approaches to diagnosis and treatment.
- Use informed strategies to effectively interface with reimbursement systems for multidisciplinary care.
- Describe asthma pathophysiology, standard asthma therapies, and the role of biologic targeted therapies in treating asthma.
- Use an evidence-based approach in the diagnosis of various groups of pulmonary hypertension and develop treatment strategies pertinent to each group.
The California Thoracic Society has secured a limited number of rooms at the Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport located at 18800 MacArthur Blvd., Irvine, CA 92612. For check-in on Thursday, September 20, 2018 and check-out on Sunday, September 22, 2018, the room rate is $133 per night plus taxes. Click on the following link to make your room reservations:
If you prefer to call the hotel, dial 949-812-3724. The Group Name is California Thoracic Society and the Group Code is CTA.
Cancellations received before August 21, 2018 are subject to a $75 cancellation fee. No refunds or cancellations after August 21, 2018. Substitute attendees are permitted. All cancellation requests must be made in writing and sent to: email@example.com.
Early Bird Deadline is August 1, 2018